We’re here to help.
At Waldman Funeral Care, we believe that part of handling the details includes steering you to the right resources. From traditional practices to flowers, from catering to after-death counseling, we present this list of helpful resources.
- Houston Catering Concepts – 832-894-0934
- Kenny and Ziggy’s – 713-871-8883
- Epicurean Catering Company – 713-783-8203, ext 8
- Methodist Hospital Research Institute \ The Institute of Spirituality and Health – “Tools to move through Bereavement”, Tuesdays 11am – 1pm, 8100 Greenbriar, Suite 220, Houston 77054 – 713-797-0600
- Jewish Family Service – 713-667-9336, Support for Those Who Have Experienced a Loss from Death by Suicide
- Red Bird Center – 713-621-2700
- Bo’s Place – 713-942-8339
Bereavement groups are available at many local congregations
- When Bad Things Happen to Good People (Harold Kushner)
- A Time to Mourn, A Time to Comfort (Dr. Ron Wolfson; foreword by Rabbi David Wolpe)
- Grieving alone & Together https://bit.ly/grievingalone
- Understanding Your Grief: Ten Essential Touchstones for Finding Hope and Healing Your Heart (Alan D. Wolfelt, Ph.D.)
- Center for Loss & Life Transition
For more information regarding prepaid funerals and consumer rights and protections under Texas state law, visit www.prepaidfunerals.texas.gov.
For additional consumer protection information, contact the Texas Funeral Service Commission at www.tfsc.state.tx.us.